“WE TAKE MATERIALS EN ROUTE TO THE LANDFILL AND TRANSFORM THEM INTO BEAUTIFUL THINGS.”
Repurposing everyday objects and giving them a new life. Such a beautiful company and voted the “Best Green Bag” out there. With the company belief to have the bag last forever. You cant help but love them. Thank you Rewilder for putting some perspective and inspiring us.
Just a little break down of the bag:
- FABRIC – Salvaged filter cloth from beer manufacturing, originally used for filtration of barley and hops. It is lightweight, strong, durable, breathable, and very beautiful, with a unique patina from manufacturing. Large breweries throw these filters away only weeks of use. (Keep in mind that in a land fill they last 700 years in out land fills.)
- HANDLES – Salvaged climbing rope gathered from local gyms, who throw the ropes away when they are no longer safe for climbing. Using our proprietary 5-step process, we transform the ropes to strong, durable handles for your Rewilder bag.
- ZIPPERS – Our zippers are made locally in Los Angeles. It took us months to find a zipper company that we wanted to work with!
- TAG – Look inside your bag for its embroidered limited edition number. R/W\R bags are bespoke made-to-order, and each one is numbered sequentially.
- DYEING – We never use chemical softeners, bleach, salt, or APEO’s. Our partner in this is a state-of-the-art plant that thoroughly treats wastewater and minimizes water and power usage.